Register hereregistration is free but mandatory
The school is targeted at advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students in areas related to foundations of data science. It will feature the following presentations.
- Ani Adhikari (UC Berkeley): Data science for discoverers
- Bin Yu (UC Berkeley): Veridical data science
- Costis Daskalakis (MIT): Machine learning and game theory
- Huy Nguyen (Northeastern University): Differential privacy
- Nika Haghtalab (UC Berkeley): Fairness and robustness in learning
- Piotr Indyk (MIT): Algorithms for massive data analysis
The summer school is organized by the Foundations of Data Science Institute (FODSI).
To be announced
The workshop will be held on the Bryn Mawr College campus. Bryn Mawr is approximately 22 miles from Philadelphia Airport and 15 miles outside of Philadelphia's center. A regional rail connects the airport to the campus (involving one change, total time ~1 hour). The nearest hotels are within a 5-10 mile radius. Downtown Philadelphia is a 25-30 minute train ride away from the campus.
Single occupancy dorm rooms are available on the Bryn Mawr College campus for the duration of the workshop (Wednesday, June 26 to Friday, June 28). This accommodation will be provided to a limited number of attendees at no cost, on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants requesting this accommodation should specify this when filling out the registration form. Participants must cover their own travel costs and make their own travel arrangements.